All families have the right to affordable health care and the basic resources they need to lead healthy, productive lives.
We support policies and programs that help poor and low-income families access quality, affordable health care, clean water, and healthy food:
- Universal access to health care, including dental care and mental health services
- Medicaid expansion in all states
- Expanded health insurance subsidies and coverage
- Expanded health care access in rural areas and communities of color
- Preventive health programs that reflect and respect the culture of local communities
- Shelters, health centers, programs, and sanctuary policies that include, serve, and protect migrants
- Safe, accessible treatment for opioid and drug addiction
- Strong health and wellness supports for children, people with disabilities, and seniors
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Fair and equal access to health care services for undocumented migrants, regardless of the length of their stay in the U.S.
- Food security programs, such as temporary food assistance (SNAP)
- Community markets and programs that expand access to healthy food
- Strong rules and funding for clean water and air
- Programs and funding for community cleanups and green spaces
With equal and affordable access to vital resources for good health, poor and low-income families can live, work, and lead with dignity and purpose.
EXPLORE OUR OTHER PRIORITY ISSUES FOR ELECTION 2020: FAIR WORK | FAMILY ECONOMIC SECURITY | EQUAL VOICE
To get involved and stay up-to-date on the latest news and action opportunities, join with us to make families heard.
Have ideas, resources, or opportunities to share? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.