No family should live in poverty. All families deserve a fair chance to not only make ends meet but to build a better future.
We believe in family-friendly policies and programs that help poor and low-income households sustain themselves with dignity:
- Child care subsidies
- Family and medical leave
- Rent assistance
- Fair lending
- Social Security
- Unemployment insurance
- Temporary cash assistance (TANF)
- Temporary food assistance (SNAP)
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC)
We fight against policies and practices that exploit low-income families and keep them poor:
- Payday loans, title loans, and other forms of predatory lending
- Fees and fines that unjustly punish and endebt the poor
- “Public charge” rules that exclude and harm poor migrant families
- Predatory for-profit colleges and programs selling useless degrees
- Grocery taxes and other regressive taxes that hurt poor families
Family-friendly policies, including a strong social safety net, make all families stronger.
EXPLORE OUR OTHER PRIORITY ISSUES FOR ELECTION 2020: FAIR WORK | GOOD HEALTH | EQUAL VOICE
To get involved and stay up-to-date on the latest news and action opportunities, join with us to make families heard.
Have ideas, resources, or opportunities to share? Send them to email@example.com.