All families need fair and just access to safe, stable jobs that provide a living wage and basic benefits.
We stand up for policies and programs that help poor and low-income families access and take action for better, safer jobs, at higher wages, with more benefits:
- Higher minimum wages
- Rights to organize and form unions
- Fair hiring rules
- Fair scheduling standards
- Paid sick and family leave
- Required minimum job benefits
- Guaranteed safe working conditions and safety training
- Fair wages for all, regardless of citizenship status
- More funding for education and job training programs
- Local and targeted hiring policies for historically excluded groups
- Training programs for reentering community members
- Expanded public transportation
We oppose policies and practices that harm, exclude, or exploit workers and take away their power:
- Wage theft
- Wage garnishment
- Racial and gender discrimination
- Exploitation of migrants and unauthorized workers
- “Right to work” laws and other attacks on unions
- Criminal background prescreening
- Misclassification of employees
With fair access to good jobs, poor and low-income families can lift themselves up to create wealth and opportunity, for our communities and generations to come.
EXPLORE OUR OTHER PRIORITY ISSUES FOR ELECTION 2020: GOOD HEALTH | FAMILY ECONOMIC SECURITY | EQUAL VOICE
To get involved and stay up-to-date on the latest news and action opportunities, join with us to make families heard.
Have ideas, resources, or opportunities to share? Send them to email@example.com.