Digital Organizing Manager
Equal Voice Action (EVA) is recruiting a Digital Organizing Manager to join our team. Equal Voice Action is committed to serving families throughout the United States and will consider candidates from major hubs in urban areas across the country.
Are you passionate about social and economic justice? Are you an experienced digital organizer who excels at partnering with nonprofit community-based organizations? Do you have a track record for strategizing and implementing digital organizing campaigns? Do you want to work for a startup, grassroots, mission-based organization and get to travel some while working? EVA is seeking a self-motivated person with excellent digital strategy skills to lead digital organizing efforts for reaching and engaging new members.
About Equal Voice Action:
The 50 million people who live in poverty in United States—whose numbers should be more than enough to positively influence politics and policies—too often find themselves without a voice in those processes. Equal Voice Action (EVA) is a national family-led membership organization focused on eliminating inequality for poor and low-income families in the United States. Our mission is to engage, connect and build power among poor and low-income families to influence policies that improve the economic and social well-being of all families. We exist to create opportunities for poor and low-income families to use their voices to change the policies and attitudes that adversely affect people in poverty, and to foster equal voice and opportunity for all. EVA is a 501(c)(4) organization.
Summary of the role:
Under the direction of EVA’s Executive Director, the Digital Organizing Manager will help EVA build its digital program, leading our work on digital advocacy, digital fundraising, data management, and digital tools for civic engagement. You will help EVA achieve its mission by lifting up the voices of low-income and poor families and by helping our members take impactful action on critical issues.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with EVA’s Executive Director, develop EVA’s overall digital strategy for advocacy, civic engagement and fundraising.
- Develop digital advocacy campaigns that engage low-income and poor families in taking action online.
- Grow our digital membership with a robust and engaging digital ad program.
- Build a digital fundraising program that supports powerful advocacy and organizing by our members.
- Manage our suite of digital tools and data across our platforms.
- Help member organizations use voter file and other civic engagement and digital advocacy tools to have a big impact.
- Maintain data integrity across the organization.
Who you are:
- You are both a strategist and a doer.
- You have proven success engaging online constituencies to take action and donate.
- You are driven to optimize online communications and tools
- You can write powerfully in sharp, clear, easy to grasp language.
- You are adept at managing data across multiple digital tools and helping the organization learn through data analysis.
- You are able to communicate data simply and effectively.
- You want to lift up the voices of low-income and poor families so that they can have a big impact on the issues that affect their lives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Under the direction of EVA’s Executive Director, build and manage our digital advocacy, fundraising and civic engagement program.
- Evaluate the success of email, social media, website, and online ad content and strategies to maximize advocacy, fundraising and participation in our programs.
- Regularly report key performance indicators across the organization.
- Maintain voter file, CRM and other list management tools.
- Perform data appends and ensure list hygiene.
- Consult to EVA’s member organizations on their digital advocacy needs.
The position of Digital Organizing Manager requires high levels of judgment, leadership, and commitment to the mission and goals of EVA. Additionally, successful candidates will be able to clearly demonstrate, from prior professional experience, the following qualifications:
- Commitment to racial, economic, gender, and social justice.
- Demonstrated experience leading digital and data programs.
- Working knowledge of business statistics.
- Strong planning skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Skilled in agile project management.
- Experience with CRMs, online advocacy and fundraising tools, Facebook and other Google platforms.
- Ability to partner exceptionally well with community-based nonprofits, including consulting to them on their digital advocacy needs.
- Ability to work well with different racial/ethnic communities, such as African American and Latinx communities.
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL and SPSS (or similar).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritize work, often juggling multiple projects with short timelines, while following through and meeting deadlines; strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work well both as part of team and independently;
- Adherence to the highest standards of confidentiality; commitment and ability to safeguard the confidential information of all parties.
Office location is open. Equal Voice Action is committed to serving families throughout the United States and will consider candidates from major hubs in urban areas across the country.
The Digital Organizing Manager must be available for travel; they may spend up to 20% of their time on temporary assignments away from home.
Equal Voice Action is committed to equality of opportunity for all of its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, poverty status, age, national origin, marital status, religion, or disability status. EVA is committed to providing a harassment-free work environment.
Please include cover letter of interest and résumé. People of Color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.